Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cover in the spotlight--Escape To The Country by Patsy Collins

I'd like to share with you the lovely cover of Patsy Collins' recently published novel. It sounds like an interesting read and as soon as I finish posting, I'm going to add it to my to-read list on Goodreads. I'll add the Amazon purchase link at the bottom for those of you who want to buy the book. Here's the refreshing cover (that's how I feel when I look at it...refreshed) Enjoy:


Leah is accused of a crime she didn't commit. Dumped by Adam, the man she planned to marry, she escapes to Aunt Jayne's smallholding in the Kent village of Winkleigh Marsh. Heartbroken and homeless, she strives to clear her name and deal with her emotions.

Jayne treats Leah's unhappiness with herbal remedies, cowslip wine and common sense in equal measure. In return Leah works hard for the delicious home-cooked meals they share. She wrestles with sheep, breaks nails and gets stuck in the mud - learning as much about herself as she does about farming. Soon Leah is happy milking cows, mucking out pigs and falling halfway in love with Duncan, a dishy tractor driver.

Back in London, steps are being taken to investigate what's happened to the missing money. It looks as though the real embezzler must soon be unmasked and Leah will have to chose between resuming her old life or starting a new one.

That's when her problems really start.
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, liz!

    The cover does have a fresh air look about it. I can't take any credit for the artwork other than saying 'that one is great, use that please'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome, Patsy. I can't wait to read the novel. Hugs

    ReplyDelete