Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lucky 7 Meme

One of my lovely blogger friends, Teresa Ashby, tagged me with this exciting lucky 7 meme.
The rules are as follows:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences, or paragraphs, and post as they're written
4. Tag 7 other authors

I think this is a great opportunity to give you a peek into my upcoming novel, Chocolate Aftertaste, which will be officially released on the 6th of April. Remember to come and join the party. And bring your friends along.

Chocolate Aftertaste Blurb
At her pre-wedding dinner, Nora Darkin, the daughter of a wealthy entrepreneur, discovers her fiancé is not the man she thought he was. As her father hoists his glass to toast them, she makes an announcement: there will be no wedding to her father's right-hand man.

Due to the fresh rift driven between her and her father, Nora escapes to the quaint town of Dreara. Determined to live her life her own way, she makes new friends and pursues her lifelong desire of becoming a chef. Ethan Danes, a neighbour with his own broken heart, helps soothe hers. 

Just as Nora discovers what it means to be happy, and she begins to fall in love with Ethan, a woman from his past re-enters his life…
Okay, back to the Meme. Enjoy the 7 sentences!
Taking a deep breath, she swung her legs out of bed and walked into the bathroom.
An old footed tub leaned against one wall, facing a basin with a heart-shaped mirror above it.
There was nothing beautiful about the bathroom. The basin was stained in some places, and the mirror was cracked on one side of the heart. The cottage, like her, had a past that had tainted it in different ways. If no one else understood how she felt, maybe it would. It too had gone through a lot and had scars to prove it—scratched floors, cracked walls, and creaky stairs. But it was still standing; still charming.

Now it's time to announce the lucky 7. They are: Debbie, Larissa, Julia, Ashley, Tela, Cecilia, Diana.

7 comments:

  1. OK, I'm game, but I'll post it on fb so I won't block Cecilia's release news :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeus cover! Nice extract too and I love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want to read more - thank you for this lovely taster :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful snippet! I love the description.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 7 as well. And the cover is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These 7 lines are from Rose's Will by me, Denise DeSio

    As soon as I was comfortable with her condition, I would be sorry I called, because Rose could talk for hours about nothing. She did not agree with Cicero, who said “Silence is one of the great arts of conversation.” To get off the phone I would have to say, “Rose, I must get back to my investments now,” or “I was just going to take a bath.”

    “Oh, okay,” she would say as if she was going to hang
    up, “but just let me tell you bup…bup…bup,” whatever came into her head.

    I would nod, as if she could see me, and allow her to talk for a few more minutes. Then I would repeat what I had already told her, but more intensely. “Rose, if I don’t sell this stock immediately, I will lose money,” or “The bathwater is about to flow over!”

    ReplyDelete